Band Bio/Song List
North 43, with 3 former members of Gunsmoke is a high energy, southern-rock based band from Rochester, NY consisting of five veteran musicians. Since playing their first show as Gunsmoke in April of 2017, the band’s popularity has grown with increased audience attendance. They’ve performed at local establishments such as The Dinosaur BBQ , Sticky Lips Juke Joint , Pineapple Jack’s, 34 Rush at Batavia Downs Casino, Bar Louie, Iron Smoke Distillery, Robbies Bar and Grill , Pelican’s Nest, The Landing Bar and Grill , 2018 Hamlin Carnival, Timothy Patrick’s , Fatso’s , and Pleasure Lanes . Going forward, North 43 will retain Gunsmoke's Southern Rock roots but will be venturing into a revised repertoire with its new members.
Tim Schaertel (lead vocals)
Tim Schaertel has joined the North 43 crew as lead singer and front man. Tim has experience singing heavier material and brings his vocal range and power to our sound. Formerly of Vesperine and Malistorm, as well as diverse faith-based music, Tim has demonstrated a commitment to our new sound and direction and will lead us out of this pandemic!
John Keirsbilck (keyboards/vocals)
John Keirsbilck has elevated North 43 to a whole new level of excitement with lightning fast keyboard skills and outstanding lead and harmony vocals adding color and innovation to each tune. John graduated from St. Bonaventure where he studied music theory, among other things. His former bands include Top Secret, Cash Arrow and Gunsmoke.
Larry Ciotti (guitar)
Larry Ciotti previously performed with the band Spring Water and Gunsmoke and has continued to hone his skills over decades of practice and commitment. Larry has rejoined the Rochester music scene as North 43's lone guitarist. Larry has a quiet and unassuming personality off-stage, but his on-stage energy is as electric as his guitar!
Ray Rock (bass/vocals)
Ray Rock brings decades of musical acumen to the North 43 sound. Ray recently performed in groups such as Critical Mash, Press Start and Jester's Alibi. Ray's commitment to hard driving RocknRoll will provide the anchor for our new direction. Ray's vocal abilities give North 43 even more depth of musical character.
Mark Delmotte (drums/vocals)
Mark Delmotte is the former drummer of Critical Mash and Gunsmoke and has been providing the 'boom that fills the room' since he was 6 years old. Mark's intensity has been a perfect fit for North 43's hard driving style , supplying harmony vocals to fill out the band's unique sound.
Song List in revision
- Statesboro Blues (Allman Brothers)
- Cult of Personality (Living Colour)
- One Way Out (Allman Brothers)
- Whipping Post (Allman Brothers)
- Good Clean Fun (Allman Brothers)
- Call Me the Breeze (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
- Already Gone (Eagles)
- Crossroads (Eric Clapton)
- Sweet Home Alabama (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
- What’s Your Name (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
- I Know a Little (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
- Cheap Sunglasses (ZZ Top)
- Whiskey Man (Molly Hatchett)
- Flirtin’ with Disaster (Molly Hatchett)
- Dreams (Molly Hatchett Version)
- Rockin’ Into the Night (38 Special)
- Train Train (Blackfoot)
- Black Water (Doobie Brothers)
- Jesus is Just Alright (Doobie Brothers)
- Tennessee Whiskey (Chris Stapleton)
- Back on the Road Again (REO Speedwagon)
- Let it Roll (Little Feat)
- Your Mama Don’t Dance (Loggins and Messina)
- Blue on Black (Kenny Wayne Sheppard)
- House is a Rockin’ (Stevie Ray Vaughn)
- Let's Go (the Cars)
- Just What I Needed (the Cars)
- Enter Sandman (Metallica)
- Renegade (Styx)
- I'll Wait (Van Halen)
- Superstition (Stevie Wonder)
- Higher Ground (Stevie Wonder)
- Beer Drinker and Hell Raisers (ZZ Top)
- Fool in the Rain (Led Zepplin)
- The Waiting (Tom Petty)
- Interstate Love Song (Stone Temple Pilots)
- Hide Your Love Away (the Beatles)
- Break on Through (the Doors)
- Even Flow ( Pearl Jam)
- The World I Know (Collective Soul)
- In the Beginning (ELP)
- Blackbird (the Beatles)
- Many more to come!